TotalMedia must be downloaded through the HDHomeRun Setup application, see below for details.
TotalMedia is provided as an option for those who do not have other PVR software such as Windows Media Center. It will not be listed as an option if Windows Media Center is installed on the PC. It is available to those who own old dual-tuner home model HDHomeRun devices; it is not available with the commercial TECH model, single tuner models, or HDHR3 devices.
- Download and install the latest HDHomeRun software from downloads.
- Open HDHomeRun Setup
- On the Location tab, set the Country and Zip/Postal Code
- On the Applications tab, set the Main Application to TotalMedia
- On the Tuners tab, set the Signal Source to Digital Antenna or Digital Cable for each tuner as appropriate for the source. Set any unused tuners to Disabled.
Note: TotalMedia only supports a single digital lineup, so it is not possible to mix digital antenna and digital cable on the same PC
- On the Cable Channels or Antenna Channels tab, click Scan to run a channel scan
- If you are using an Antenna, skip the following and proceed to Downloading/Installing TotalMedia
- Digital cable providers may not include the channel names in the broadcast; incorrect or missing names will result in missing guide listings. HDHomeRun Setup will attempt to use Silicondust’s lineup server to identify channel names. These names are submitted by HDHomeRun users in your area, so while they are generally a good starting point, some adjustments may be needed. Click the Zap2it Website button to launch a web browser and go to the zap2it website, then select your cable provider.
- Click the View button to view the channel. Identify the channel based on the programming currently being show, logos on screen, etc..
- In HDHomeRun Setup, change the Guide Number and Guide Name fields to exactly match the channel number and callsign of the channel from the Zap2it website. Zap2it may have two versions for some channels – one analog/standard definition (e.g. “2 KTVU”) and one digital/high definition (“702 KTVUDT”); make sure you use the correct one.
- Check the Enabled box to enable the channel
- Repeat steps 9-11 for each channels detected
- Click Apply to store your changes
- On the Application tab, click the Download button. This will launch your default web browser and bring up a download window for the TotalMedia program.
- If prompted, choose the Save option, and save the program to a convenient location such as your Downloads folder or Desktop
- Once the download completes, run the program and follow the prompts to install. When prompted for a license key, copy and paste the number shown in HDHomeRun Setup.
- Open TotalMedia
- Click TV
- The TotalMedia setup wizard should appear; click Next
- If your region is not already selected, set your Region
- Click Next
- If prompted for a video device, select the first HDHomeRun
- If prompted, select Cable TV or Antenna TV as appropriate, then click Next
- Click Start to perform a channel scan; this will take several minutes. Click Next when complete.
- If multiple tuners are enabled, you will be asked if you want to set up a second tuner. If you plan to use both tuners (e.g. to watch one program while recording another, or to record 2 programs at once), select Yes and click Next. If you only plan to use a single tuner, select No and click Next.
- If you selected Yes in the previous step, select the second tuner and click Next
- If you want to use the TitanTV EPG, select Yes to use the internet for EPG, and click Next. See notes below regarding configuring the EPG. If you do not wish to use the TitanTV EPG, TotalMedia will use EPG data embedded in the stream when available.
- Click Finish
You should now be able to watch live tv.
The internet EPG uses titantv.com for listings; click the following link to create a new account:
The option to pause live TV is available, but is not enabled by default. To enable it:
- From the Home screen, click Setup
- Click TV
- Click TV Settings
- Set Time Shifting to On
- Click Apply
- Click Save
Using Multiple Tuners
To use multiple tuners (watching one program and recording another, or recording 2 programs), the PIP feature must be enabled in TotalMedia by clicking the icon for it.